1. WE HAVE A SHARED VISION OF CHANGE: Creating a world that is fit for the next 7 generations to live in.
2. WE SET OUR MISSION ON WHAT IS NECESSARY: Mobilising 3.5% of the population to achieve system change – such as “Momentum-driven organising” to achieve this.
3. WE NEED A REGENERATIVE CULTURE: Creating a culture which is healthy, resilient and adaptable.
4. WE OPENLY CHALLENGE OURSELVES AND THIS TOXIC SYSTEM: Leaving our comfort zones to take action for change.
5. WE VALUE REFLECTING AND LEARNING: Following a cycle of action, reflection, learning, and planning for more action. Learn from other movements/contexts as well as our own.
6. WE WELCOME EVERYONE AND EVERY PART OF EVERYONE: Working actively to create safer and more accessible spaces.
7. WE ACTIVELY MITIGATE FOR POWER: Breaking down hierarchies of power for more equitable participation
8. WE AVOID BLAMING AND SHAMING: We live in a toxic system, but no one individual is to blame.
9. WE ARE A NON-VIOLENT NETWORK: Using nonviolent strategy and tactics as the most effective way to bring about change.
10. WE ARE BASED ON AUTONOMY AND DECENTRALISATION: We collectively create the structures we need to challenge power. Anyone who follows these core principles and values can take action in the name of Extinction Rebellion US!